Its already 7.33 and I am still thinking what to cook.:) As I mentioned in my previous blog we had soup on Sunday and Monday. But today I am planning to have something Indian. So I am preparing Simple recipe “Sambhar” (Lentil daal with vegetables) that is beneficial for health.
1)Toor dal ( u can find on any Indian/Walmart store)
3)finely chopped Carrot , Capsicum ( you can use vegetables)
4) Chooped Onion
6)Sambhar powder (you will get it from any Indian store, If you dont put it, then it will taste normal lentil)
1) Boil daal in pressure cook for 10 -15 minutes.
2) In pan put some oil. Add musturd seeds and dry Red chilli. Let it crackle for a minute.
3) Add chopped onions and saute it for 2 minutes.
4)Add Carrots ,1 cup of water ,turmeric and 2 spoon sambhar powder and let it cook for some time.
5)Once carrot is half boiled add capsicum and daal.
6) Add Salt, Red chilli and add some more water if required and cook everything.
7)when everything is cooked, add 1/2 tbsp of tamarind paste.
8) Cook for 2 more minutes.
9) Serve it with rice.
My husband and I are trying to loose weight . So we thought lets have soup 3 days a week. So Today I prepared minestrone soup and it came up very nice and its so easy to prepare. Here are the steps to prepare :
3/4 finely chopped Onion
2 chopped garlic colves
2 Cans diced tomatoes
1 bay leave(optional)
1/2 tsp thyme(optional)
1 Can kidney Beans
3-4 carrots (I chopped the carrots into choppeer)
1/2 chopped cabbage
3-4 finely chopped celery
4 cups vegatble broth(optional , I used water to cook all my vegetables)
1/2 cup pasta shells
1) Heat 1 tsp Olive oil in a large saute pan and add garlic cloves and onion. Saute it for a minute and then add carrots. Cook it for 5 minutes.
2) Add finely chopped cabbage , bay leave, celery and thyme and again saute it for a minute. Add tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.
3) Add black pepper and pasta shells and add water and let all the vegatables cook for 40-45 minutes.
4) Mash half kidney beans and add to the pan and half as is.
5)Season soup with salt and pepper and serve warm. Garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired