Tomato soup is a soup made from tomatoes. It may be served hot or cold, and can be made in many styles.It may be smooth in texture, but there are recipes which include chunks (or small pieces) of tomato, cream and/or chicken stock. Popular toppings for tomato soup include sour cream, and croutons. Tomato soup is one of the top comfort foods in Poland and the United States.But I think this soup is liked all over the world whether you are a vegetarian or a non vegetarian .
1 Finely sliced onion
2 finely chopped carrot
2-3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with water
2-3 bread slices for crouton.
- Heat Oil and butter in a pan and add bay leaves and saute for 2 minutes
- Add chopped garlic,onion ,celery, carrots and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add tomato pieces,salt and black Pepper.
- Add 1 cup water and let it cook for sometime.If you want you can pressure cook all the above.
- Once the above mixture is cooked then remove the bay leaves.
- Let it cool down for 15 minutes and then blend it into blender.Add this blended mixture into pan and if you find it really thick you can add water.
- Add sugar to cut the tangy taste of tomato.Add salt or pepper if required.
- Boil it for some more time .Strain this soup to remove any froth and to give it a consistency.
- Add the tomato soup into pan again and add cornstarch mixture to make it little bit thick.
- Add fresh Cream and Serve it piping hot with crouton.
Take white/Brown Bread and cut it into crouton shapes . Heat olive oil in another pan and saute it for 5-10 minutes or bake it in oven.
The color of your tomato soup depends upon the raw tomatoes that you have taken.