Rava Dosa – an Instant dosa as compared to traditional masala dosa.
2 cups semolina/rava
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup maida (all-purpose flour)
1 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 tbsp coriander leaves
1 finely chopped green chilli
salt to taste
water – 6 cups (approx)
oil as required
- Combine all the above ingredients except oil and let the rava dosa batter sit for 2 hours in a refrigerator.
- Pre heat pan at high flame and sprinkle some water over it.Grease it with a spoon of oil.At the time of making dosas add more water such that it’s consistency is like thick buttermilk.Reduce flame to medium.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the batter in center of the pan and quickly spread with outward spiral motion to form a thin pancake OR Pour the batter and fill in the gaps where ever.Dot the edges with little oil and cook until golden brown.
- Using a spatula carefully fold the dosa and remove from the pan(You can flip the dosa and cook the other side as well). Serve hot with chutney or sambar
Few points that you need to keep in your mind :
- Prepare the batter at least an hour before you actually want to eat the dosas.
- The batter pouring consistency should be like a thick buttermilk consistency.