Egg curry is one recipe that the vegetarians and the definitely-not-vegetarians both enjoys a lot.This curry is good with roti or with rice.
Eggs are one of the most healthiest item on any food list. Any doctor would recommend it even to a vegetarian. A egg contains naturally occurring Vitamin D, 6 grams of high-quality protein, 300 mg choline, 5gm of fat (1.5gm of saturated fat) , high sulfur, vitamins, minerals and all 9 essential amino acids.It is true that it is taken up by the body directly. The presence of lutein and zeaxanthin in egg makes them good for the eyes. An egg a day can prevent muscular degeneration due to carotenoid. Choline present in egg helps to regulate the brain, nervous system and cardiovascular system. Eggs may prevent breast cancer.
Here is the simple recipe
6-7 hard-boiled eggs (cut in half)
1-2 tablespoon oil
2 onions finely chopped
4 small green chilies
2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste(grated)
5 fresh ripe tomatoes cut into chunks
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon coriander seed powder
1 teaspoon cumin seed
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
salt and pepper to taste
cilantro finely chopped
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seed and cook, stirring, for about 15 seconds, until slightly darkened and fragrant.
- Add the onion and green chillies and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5-6 minutes, until the onion are translucent. Add the coriander, red chilli powder,turmeric, ginger-garlic paste and salt.Lower the heat as needed to coax the cooking
- Add the tomato and cook for 6-10 minutes. Add the water, bring to a boil. Lower the heat to low, cover, and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut the hard boiled eggs into pieces. Add the pieces into the gravy
- Garnish it with chopped cilantro. Enjoy it with roti oo naan or rice.
So people like to add coconut milk to the gravy to give more richness.I dont like the coconut flavor but you are free to experiment with the above recipe. Please try it out and I will wait for your comments.