Hailing from Lucknow in India beautifully executed Chicken Seekh Kababs( meat on skewers) were introduced by Mughals. Minced meat balls prepared with various herbs and spices are grilled or deep fried. The dish is served hot with sprinkled chat masala or lemon juice as required. The dish is mostly served as starter or with cocktails.
Minced Chicken or lamb.
Green chillies as per taste
Finely chopped Onions
egg whites (optional, for binding)
Salt to taste
- First take the minced Chicken and smash it again very nicely in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the Onions first. Saute the Onions for few seconds, add the Ginger and Garlic, than salt also.
- Cook it for just few secs and remove it from the stove. Add the above mixture to minced chicken .Add grated cheese as well and mix it well.
- Add all the remaining spices and mix it.Add Egg whites. Please note that we have to add the Egg as per the amount of the minced mixture. It’s not necessary to add an entire Egg if the mixture is less. If we add more egg white then the mixture will become very mushy and difficult to stick it to the skewers
- Refrigerate the mixture for an hour.
- Skewer this mixture and cook in moderately over grill or on oven.
- Once its done take out the Kababs from the skewers and keep it on a plate. Garnish the Seekh kababs with cilantro and onion rings and serve hot with Mint Chutney or any chutney that you like.