Mashed Potatoes sabji is usually served with Roti or Naan.My mom use to cook this for me whenever she cooks the vegetable that I did not like and this was my favorite childhood dish. This is one of the simple easy recipe
A baked potato is an exceptionally healthful low calorie, high fiber food that offers significant protection against cardiovascular disease and cancer.
Food ranking system qualified potatoes as a very good source of vitamin C, a good source of vitamin B6, copper, potassium, manganese, and dietary fiber. Potatoes also contain a variety of phytonutrients that have antioxidant activity. Among these important health-promoting compounds are carotenoids, flavonoids, and caffeic acid, as well as unique tuber storage proteins, such as patatin, which exhibit activity against free radicals.
– Blood-Pressure Lowering Potential.
– Vitamin B6-Building Cells.
– Vitamin B6-Brain Cell and Nervous System Activity.
– Vitamin B6-Cardiovascular Protection.
– Vitamin B6-Athletic Performance
Whether mashed, baked or roasted, often consider potatoes as comfort food. It is an important food staple and the number one vegetable crop in the world. Potatoes are available year-round as they are harvested somewhere every month of the year.
5 large potates boiled, peeled and mashed
2 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
1 large onion chopped very fine
8-10 cloves of garlic chopped very fine
1 tsp cumin seeds
1″piece of ginger grated
3 dry red chillies
Salt to taste
2 tbsps olive oil
Chopped coriander leaves to garnish
- Put the mashed potato in a large bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small pan and add the cumin seeds to it. When the seeds stop spluttering, add the onion, ginger and garlic and fry till soft.
- Add mashed potato to the pan and mix well.
- Roast the dry red chillies till they begin to release their aroma. Crush coarsely and sprinkle over the potato in the pan.
- Pour the olive oil over the potato and now mix all the ingredients to blend well.
- Garnish with chopped corainder leaves and serve with hot chapatis (Indian flatbread) topped with ghee.