Few friends were coming home tonight . So, I prepared Rajmah ,gobi aloo , rice and raita.But my husband invited one more couple and told me to prepare one paneer dish . I was in a no mood to spend more time in kitchen . But with half-heartedly I went into kitchen and started looking for onions and realized I am out of it. So , I prepared this dish that does not requires onions and can be prepared in 10 minutes!!
11-15 Soaked almonds
Bay leaves (optional)
Black pepper as per taste
1/4 tbsp sugar
1/4 tbsp turmeric
- Puree tomatoes, green chili and ginger. Keep aside.
- Add oil in a pan and add one cumin seed. If it cracks immediately, the oil is ready.Add cumin seeds , bay leaves and asafoetida to the oil . Stir for a few seconds.
- Add tomato puree, coriander powder,turmeric and black pepper . Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- Grind almonds with 1 cup of water and make a fine paste.Check the puree to verify that oil is separated.
- Add sugar and almonds paste. Cook for another minute then add salt and bring to boil.
- Add paneer and cover the pan. Simmer for a few minutes over medium-low heat, till gravy is slightly thick in consistency.
- Remove from heat, add garam masala and chopped cilantro. Mix gently, cover the pan and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Serve it with naan or rice.