/2 cup basmati rice
1/2 cup channa dal
1/2 cup split black gram Urad Dal (skinless)
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
1 whole red chili pepper
1/2 inch fresh ginger
1 pinch asafetida powder
4 fresh curry leaves
- Wash and soak the dals overnight.The next morning, grind the rice separately with minimum water.
- Grind the dals coarsely with the red chilli, ginger, asafoetida and curry leaves.Mix with the ground rice.
- Add black pepper and mix.Your mixture should be a thick batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan and oil and spread it evenly.
- When the oil is hot, drop a large ladle of the batter on it.
- Spread the batter to make a it round .
- Drizzle with oil.
- When one side is done, flip the pancake and cook the other side till it’s crisp.
- Serve hot.