1.Wash Thai Sweet Rice very well and soak for 4-5 hours.
2. Drain off water and steam the rice and gently mix the rice to ensure even cooking.
3. While rice is cooking, mix together 1/2 can of coconut milk, 1 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp salt and vanilla powder. Mix well and keep aside.Once rice is fully cooked mix the mixture with the rice and keep it aside for an hour on a very low flame.
4. In a small skillet (on a low flame), mix together 1/2 can of coconut milk, 1/2 tsp corn starch and 1 Tbsp sugar.
5. Fill the measuring cup with the sticky rice and press gently to form a mould.Tap the rice out onto a serving plate and add sliced mangoes to the side.Pour the cooked sauce over the rice prepared in step 4.Garnish it with sesame seeds ..
Tandoori Fish with Raita
This tandoori fish is little spicy, tangy and delicious. You can use any fish such as Tilapia,Pomfret or Halibut.
- Wash and cut fish into pieces. Clean the pieces with cold water along with lime and salt, pat dry and place on a plate .
- Roast Cumin and Coriander seeds in a frying pan along with salt until fraganant.
- Crush ginger and garlic and mix along with above seeds .
- Add Red chili, garam masala, peppirica, turmeric and lemon juice to above and mix it well.
- Add Tomato puree to the above and If required blend it in blender to make a fine paste.
- In a bowl add yogurt and mix the above paste .
- Gently rub the marinade over the fish pieces and marinate for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C. Spread out the marinated fish in a baking dish. Cook for 10-15 minutes on the top rack turning the fish pieces once OR you can also heat pan with oil and place the fish and let it cook on each side for 5 minutes such that the fish is fully cooked.
Cut the cucumber into small pieces and mix with the 3–4 tbsp yogurt and chopped mint and lime juice to taste and spices according to your taste
Put Raita on the plate in the center and then keep 2-3 fish pieces on top of Raita and serve it hot.